Credit Builder Loan
Our entry-level loan to fund your business and build your credit score. This loan is frequently recommended for individuals who are looking to begin growing or improving their credit score. Credit Builder Loans rage from $500 to $2,500.
Before you apply for a loan with our team, you will need to review the following requirements to ensure you currently, or will soon, meet all requirements:
- Must demonstrate proof of earned income for loan repayment such as your most recent tax return or your last two months of paystubs
- Must register your business and show proof of Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Must have an open a business checking account at a bank
- Have no active bankruptcies in the last 12 months, no current delinquencies, and no outstanding collection accounts (we will review and provide your credit report)
- Must have an individual Social Security Number (SSN). (Note: In some cases we can work with an Individual Tax Payer Number (ITIN) for immigrants and migrants.)
- Must be a resident of Oregon or Washington
- Before the loan is disbursed, the applicant must either participate in our Matched Savings Business Grant (IDA) program or complete 12 hours in approved business trainings below:
Oregon approved trainings:
- Oregon's Women's Business Center at Mercy Corps Northwest
Washington approved trainings:
- Center for Inclusive Entrepreneurship
- Washington Women's Business Center at Impact NW
If you meet these requirements you can review the two Credit Builder Loan options offered below.
Start your loan journey
We are proud to offer resources that help you stay informed as you partner with our loan program to achieve your business goals.